Dear Praying Friends,
As 2016 comes to a close, we want to offer our sincere thanks to each of you for your prayers, support, and encouragement as we have begun our missionary journey. God has been so gracious to us – through you – and we have much to be thankful for, far beyond what we could ask or think! We know that the Christmas season is busy with many things pulling at us in many directions; but we hope that over the next week or two, you’ll find a few moments to reflect on all that God has done for us through Jesus, the greatest gift of all!
Here are a few praises and prayer requests as you continue to lift us up before our great God:
1. Alyssa continues to be on a strict diet, but she is back to her delightful self, able to participate in ‘normal’ life again. Thanks to all who prayed for her, as this was a huge concern.
2. Our support level just crossed the 60% mark in the past week. We now have almost two-thirds of the annual/monthly commitments we need. We are rejoicing in God’s provision, as He leads churches and individuals to partner with us financially.
3. Most importantly, we thank God for His grace in saving us through Jesus, loving us unconditionally, and showing His providential care in our lives in more ways than we could possibly describe (or even know!).
1. For continued progress in raising support. We are waiting to hear from a few churches and several individuals about their planned monthly commitments. Please pray that God will grant wisdom and discernment for decisions that will be made. Please also pray that God will lead us to other churches and individuals to approach about joining our support team.
2. For our team members already in and preparing to go to Knysna. The missionary families currently serving along the Garden Route are reporting many spiritual blessings as people are coming to Christ and growing in their faith. Please pray for God’s continued blessing there. As well, there are other missionary families, like us, who are raising their support to get to the Knysna area as quickly as possible. Please pray that they will find churches and individuals to partner with them in their ministry.
3. For further wisdom in planning our move to Knysna. As the weeks and months fly by, we are beginning to think through all that needs to be done between now and August. We need wisdom to know what to pursue regarding our visas, health insurance, schooling options for the children, where to live, what kind of housing situation to pursue, what to ship overseas and what to get rid of here, as well as many other things we probably haven’t thought about yet! Please pray we’ll seek and receive good counsel, and God will lead us to sound choices.
Thank you all for your prayers on our behalf! We hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May God bless you greatly in 2017!!
Because of God’s amazing grace,
George & Amy Coon